The Alliance for Collective Action convenes leaders of environmental and social movements to advance solutions for a thriving planet. We advance our mission through two programs, The Center and The Coalition, both of which operate from a collective action framework.
Founded in 2004, The Alliance Center is the hub of Colorado’s sustainability community. Our mission-driven coworking space supports more than 160 organizations each year through tenancy and events in our historic downtown Denver building. Tenants range from local to national groups and all work tirelessly to advance social and environmental solutions. The Center’s support helps expand their impact and reach.
The Center works at the cutting edge of energy efficiency and people-focused design. An all-electric historic building with seven LEED certifications, The Center is the first building in Colorado to earn Platinum certification in any of LEED’s v4 categories. It’s also the fifth building in the world to measure performance using the United States Green Building Council’s Arc platform and the first building in Colorado to achieve a WELL Health-Safety rating.
The Coalition for a Regenerative Future launched in 2020 after The Alliance hosted the Colorado Emergence Series in response to the pandemic. These listening sessions convened hundreds of Coloradans from all walks of life to build the post-pandemic future that they wanted to see. It has since grown into a national network with Colorado at the center.
The Coalition prototypes and tests ideas rapidly to advance only the solutions that can quickly and equitably mitigate climate change. The Coalition’s current projects focus on justly transitioning to clean and renewable energy, drawing carbon out of the atmosphere through soil health, developing the workforce for green industries and crowdsourcing and advancing equitable policies. Working groups convene regularly to accelerate projects and impact.
Place-based and local in application, the model is scalable and replicable both nationally and internationally.
We have been driving systems change through collective action for nearly twenty years!
Our track record of success is long, but here are a few examples of our impact.
IMPACT OF THE CENTER
- An average of 45 legislative wins per year accomplished by Alliance tenant organizations since 2014.
- Recycled more than 4,500 pounds of hard-to-recycle materials through our Hard to Recycle Station.
- 70% of tenant connections come from The Center’s programming and services.
- Helped pass the first renewable portfolio standard in 2004.
- $400K+ savings per year by nonprofit organizations via below-market rent and event costs.
- All electric building with 7 LEED certifications and WELL-Health Safety Rating.
IMPACT OF THE COALITION
- $1.1 billion in federal and state stimulus funds directed by Coalition influence.
- Supporting marginalized producers through regenerative agriculture initiatives.
- 66 new state laws influenced by The Coalition’s crowdsourced policy platforms.
- Growing regeneration across the country through toolkits and replication playbooks.
- 500+ organizations supported through collective action model.
- Supporting oil and gas workers through a just transition to clean and renewable energy.